Monday -Friday - 9:00 - 18:00 New Zealand Time

What to know?

Once you are ready to employ staff, you must register as an employer.
Sole traders can use their personal IRD Number and companies can use the company IRD number to do this.
You will have to fill in the Employer Registration form IR334. You can do this online. If you are a company, you can also register as an employer as part of an application for an IRD number through the Companies Office Incorporation Process.
The below things you need to check before hiring staff:

Is your employee allowed to work in New Zealand

It's important to check that a person is legally allowed to work in New Zealand before you employ them. You should ask the employee for proof (birth certificate or New Zealand passport) if they are a Citizen or Resident. If they are on a work visa you need to sight and make copies of their current visa.
You can also check with immigration using Visa View see if a person is allowed to work here.

Signed Employment Agreement

A written employment agreement is a legal requirement, and it's a great foundation for an employment relationship. It helps you and your employee be clear on:
• what the employee needs to do
• what to do if things aren’t going well
• the benefits and obligations you’ve agreed to.
• It’s the place you can include all the details on what’s expected. Both you and your employee can refer back to it if there is any disagreement on how well they are performing their role.

Deducting PAYE and Kiwisaver Contributions

You need to make sure you deduct the correct amount of PAYE tax and any Kiwisaver, Student Loan payments from wages paid to your employees.

Contact us if you have any questions regarding filing tax returns or paying taxes.

Generated with MOOJ Proforms Version 1.5

Please fill the form below to contact us! 


*Required information.